Disciplemaking - Wiki
As of April 1, 2019, this wiki is no longer being updated by SEND U. Please go to https://senduwiki.org/, the new home for this wiki.
SEND U wiki
SEND U wiki
SEND's philosophy of intentional disciplemaking
- see this page: Intentional Discipleship
- SEND's Discipleship Levels used in Connect & Pray
- Discipleship levels for outreach to an unreached people group (as customized by a SEND team).
- Phases in the discipleship journey of an individual: ABWE's Evangelism & Discipleship Scale
- Disciple Making Movements (DMM) and Church Planting Movements (CPM & T4T) page of the wiki provides helps in growing disciples particularly in group contexts.
- New Life in Christ - The New Life In Christ discipleship manuals were designed to help Christians grow. The lessons will help new believers take their first steps towards victory in their Christian life. The original volume was written in Spanish, and later translated into English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Swahili, Kinyarwanda y Malgache. Recommended by Craig Nordgren.
- Walking Together on the Jesus Road: Intercultural Discipling by Evelyn & Richard Hibbert. See Ken Guenther's review, summary and highlights.
- Personal Disciplemaking: A Step-By-Step Guide for Leading a New Christian From New Birth to Maturityby Christopher Adsit. Recommended by Brett Hamilton. "He lays out a type of grid of discipleship through various phases of growth (baby, child, young adult, adult) with key spiritual disciplines (prayer, witnessing, word, family, etc). It is a helpful tool to be aware of needing to repeat certain foundational truths at various depths and not to dump the truck of theological truths too much or too fast on a young growing believer."
- Life Change Groups, as done by Joel & Elaine Loewen in Japan. Based on the book, Cultivating a Life for God: Multiplying Disciples Through Life Transformation Groupsby Neil Cole.
- Strategic Disciple Making: A Practical Tool for Successful Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs. Recommended by Bernhard Triebel. Addresses the preparation of disciple-makers and the process of disciple-making.
- Sticky Teams and Sticky Church by Larry Osbourne
- Community: Taking Your Small Group Off Life Support, by Brad House
- Biblical Foundations for the Cell-based Church, by Joel Comiskey
- The Big Book On Small Groups, by Jeffrey Arnold
- Discipling Others by Ron Hardy. Ron shares some of the principles that he has used in the past as he has discipled hundreds of high school and college students over the past 40 years
- The Lausanne Cape Town Commitment - discipleship and disciple-making is emphasized at several points in the commitment
- Online course with our partners at WorldTeam called: Discipleship: Growing Mature Followers of Jesus with challenging content and stimulating discussion with other learners who see the critical role of discipleship in church planting among the unreached.