IGP - Self-Management - Wiki
As of April 1, 2019, this wiki is no longer being updated by SEND U. Please go to https://senduwiki.org/, the new home for this wiki.
SEND U wiki
IGP - Self-Management
This document is a work in progress. Feel free to add any resources that may help promote growth in any of the areas listed (or send your suggestions to a Wiki administrator.)
(hygiene; laundry; cooking; shopping; navigation/ability to use a map)
(tithing; personal budgeting; being content; debt management; giving to others)
(healthy; nutrition; exercise; rest)
- The Daniel Plan: offers practical solutions to improving your health physically, spiritually, relationally, and emotionally
- Nutrition Action Guide: objective research on modern trends in food with information on fast foods, prepared foods, diets, etc.*=[[http://www.carnivora.com/|Carnivora]]: 17 essential nutrients in their natural state working synergistically to support the natural healing process Emotional Wellness =
(manage stress; express emotions appropriately; have positive outlook on life)
- Emotional Wellness- a SEND U Wiki page with links to many articles and resources.
- ProQOL: is the most commonly used measure of the negative and positive affects of helping others who experience suffering and trauma. The ProQOL has sub-scales for compassion satisfaction, burnout and compassion fatigue.
- CHOPS: grid/chart to help address and deal with stress
- Missionary Training International: debriefing & renewal retreat
- Missionary Care: resources for missions and mental health
- Member Care: SEND U wiki resources
(conversational ability; take initiative in building relationships; hospitality)
- SYIS in Farmington
- Effective Intercultural Communication (Encountering Mission): A Christian Perspective by A. Scott Moreau, Evvy Hay Campbell and Susan Greener. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on SEND U blog.
(organization; promptness; scheduling; prioritizing)
- Dealing with the Busyness and Stress of Ministry
- Book Review - In Search of Balance
- Developing a Job Descriptions
- trying to look good, and do the dirty work beneath the surface. Great article by Pete Scazzero from Leadership Journal.
- The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath - book by Mark Buchanan. Recommended by Warren Janzen at 2009 Leadership Couples' Orientation.Book summary.
- Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives - book by Richard Swenson. Recommended by Eric Oldenburg.
- In Search of Balance: Keys to a Stable Lifeby Richard Swenson. Recommended by Eric Oldenburg.
- Survival Skills: What you need to minister with your spirit intact An article by Pastor James Emory White, senior pastor of Mecklenburg Community Church
- Tyranny of the Urgent (5 Pack) - a little booklet by Charles Hummel. Sold by Amazon in a 5-pack.
- Review by David Mays of All Stressed Up and Everywhere to Go: Solutions to De-Stressing Your Life and Recovering Your Sanity by Gaylyn R. Williams and Ken Williams
- Review by David Mays of The Stress Effect: Why Smart Leaders Make dumb Decisions - And What to Do About It by Henry L. Thompson.
- Using a virtual assistant
- Webinar on Overcoming Death by Email with Ted Esler (free for SEND members)
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen. A book that has helped many people in personal productivity. See review here.
- Getting Email under Control - a short article also by David Allen.
- Google Calendar
- Evernote: used by many in SEND to organize notes, projects and to-do lists.
- Toodledo - free web-based to-do list. Works well with GTD system (Getting Things Done)
- Trello - a collaboration tool that organizes your projects and ideas into boards and the digital equivalent of 3x5 cards.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity - a book by David Allen that has helped many people in personal productivity. See review here
- GTD Work Flow
- What's Best Next by Matt Perman - time/ priority management.
(solid marriage; good communication; boundaries; rearing children)
- Maintaining Moral Purity for Couples
- Maintaining Moral Purity - Singles
- Cupid is a Procrastinator: Making Sense of the Unexpected Single Life
- Marriage and MKs- a SEND U Wiki page with links to many articles and resources.
- DIY Marriage Retreat
- Couple Checkup: a scientifically-based assessment that identifies relationship strengths and weaknesses across key relationship areas
(understanding of your personality, strengths, passion, and how they fit together to fulfill God's design for your life)
- Understanding Key Result Areas
- Setting Key Result Areas
- Understanding yourself assessment tools
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Spiritual Gifts Test: to help you find out what your spiritual gifts are
- Marks of Effective and Sustainable Life & Ministry - A self-assessment tool for helping missionaries achieve and maintain personal health in key areas of life and ministry.
- StrengthsFinder 2.0: Strengths assessment
- Managing Those Called.docx: short story (fiction) written by Dr. Ken Harder about a mission leader who discovers the value of intrinsic motivation
- Employee Passionarticle by the Ken Blanchard Companies on their research into what makes a person committed to his work
- The Three Signs of a Miserable Job Q&A with Patrick Lencioni Lencioni talks about his book, The Three Signs of a Miserable Job: A Fable for Managers (And Their Employees)
- Intrinsic Motivation at Work: What Really Drives Employee Engagement: book by Kenneth Thomas
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us: book by Dan Pink, see also Ted Talk by Dan Pink
- Personal Growth Self Assessment Tool developed by Steve Moore, president of The Mission Exchange, and author of the The Dream Cycle: Leveraging the Power of Personal Growth
(honesty; transparency; accountability)
(humble, asking good question; listening well)
- The 6-step Guide to Becoming a Better Learner
- 3 Steps to Becoming a Master Learner
- Determine your learning style
See also SENDU page on Personal Growth