MOP February 2016 - Wiki
As of April 1, 2019, this wiki is no longer being updated by SEND U. Please go to https://senduwiki.org/, the new home for this wiki.
SEND U wiki
MOP February 2016
- Winter 2016 Week 1 as PDF
- Winter 2016 Week 2 as PDF
- Worship & Testimony schedule
- Reflection Groups Composition
- MOP Purpose and Objectives
- MOP MK Program Objectives
- MOP Curriculum Guide
- MOP online syllabus
- Reflection Worksheet in Word
- Reading assignments
- General MOP reading list (for all MOP participants)
- Field-required reading list - Field specific reading is to be completed by appointees before their first departure for the field. From the list provided appointees should complete a minimum of 400 pages of reading. See Individual country reading lists.
|MondayFebruary 8||TuesdayFebruary 9||WednesdayFebruary 10||ThursdayFebruary 11||FridayFebruary 12|
|Online Course Debrief|
|SEND Values - Engage|
|Child Protection Policy|
|Singles: By Myself, But Not Alone|
|SEND U intro|
|Four Cultures Game|
|Couples: Marriage Matters|
Scott & Leslie Powell
|Leading Your Family Overseas|
Powells & Judy Severn
|SEND Values - Mobilize|
|Safety & Security|
|Globalization & Multicultural Teaming|
|Working with the National Church|
|SEND History, Values |
|SundayFebruary 14||MondayFebruary 15||TuesdayFebruary 16||WednesdayFebruary 17||ThursdayFebruary 18||FridayFebruary 19|
|Ethnic Church DebriefGary Ridley||Spiritual Formation|
|Day Alone with God||Well Done|
|SEND Values - Establish|
|M Community Visit|
|Intro to Church Planting|
To be completed on the last afternoon.
MOP Daily Announcements
Monday February 15, 2016
- If you know you will be missing a meal in the MEC, please let Marcie know ASAP so Bertha can have an accurate count for meal prep.
- Please take a peek at the documents on the table in the back of the training room that need your attention...
- form 1 - fill out if you need a magnetic name badge. Sample is by the form.
- form 2 - parent's address information. Warren Janzen sends a Christmas letter to parents of those who have left for the field within the year. If it is not appropriate for him to send the letter, please just note N/A by your name. Otherwise....I will start bugging you for their address. :-) For those whose parents do not speak English, we will do our very best to have the letter translated into the language you indicate.
- Events for this week....
- Tuesday is the Muslim outing to Hamtramck. Dress warm! Shoes will be removed at the mosque so make sure your socks are presentable! :-) Also, it is easier if you have shoes/boots that are easy to slip on and off. Ladies will wear head coverings in the mosque. If you have a scarf that covers your entire head, bring it along. If not, Karen Mindling will bring some that you are welcome to borrow. We will have lunch at a local Bengali restaurant and then do a little shopping along Bengali Street. We will be back in time for a light supper and a time of debrief with Tim and Karen Mindling in the MEC.
- Wednesday evening you will be participating in a Regional Dinners in an IO Staffers home. More info to come in an announcement on Monday or Tuesday.
- Thursday will be your Day Alone with God, aka DAWG. This is always a highlight of MOP. Ken will share more details with you in Spiritual Formation sessions this week. You will also receive a list of places you can go for the day. Sack lunches will be provided. Some choose to fast during this day. If you feel led to do so, please let Marcie know so Bertha can have the right amount of food on hand.
Friday February 12, 2016
- Today you will be signing security documents during the lunch hour. Please make sure you bring a government issued photo ID for notarization purposes.
- Tomorrow is a free day! Let Marcie know if you would like some ideas of local outings if you would like to do something off campus. Supper will begin at 5:30 in the MEC.
- Sunday you will have the opportunity to visit a local ethnic church. Sunday night we will gather for dinner at 5:30 in the MEC for Chinese food and an ethnic church debrief after the meal. You will receive more details this afternoon about your church assignments.
Wednesday February 10, 2016
- Today is testimony day!! This is a favorite for many of the office staff. Thanks in advance for sharing what God has been doing in your life!
- Today is also picture day!! As soon as chapel is over we will meet outside the MEC to have our MOP picture taken by Keith Baum.
- Tonight the ladies will be venturing out after dinner for a ladies gathering at Ann Baur's home. Ann lives right close to SEND so pile in the cars that are available and we will see all the ladies there around 7pm. This is will be a casual time together so come comfy!
- Friday all security documents will be notarized. Please remember to bring a photo ID with you!!
Tuesday February 9, 2016
- There is a supply of international power strips, adaptors and a transformer on the back table in the training room. These are free for the taking!
- Tomorrow is the first of our two testimony chapel times. Just a few reminders:
- kindly keep to the 5 and 10 minute time frame! we need to finish chapel by 12:15 so the staff can get to lunch and back to their responsibilities by 1pm. thanks!
- couples have 10 minutes
- singles have 5 minutes, but the gals from Canada are an exception. Since this is the first time Kaitlyn, Carol and Ana have been on campus you each have 10 minutes. Canadian gals, please include your salvation story in your 10 minutes.
- all testimonies should include your name, where you are from, where you are going, what you will be doing and for those who were here for COP, what the Lord has been teaching you during this time of partnership development.
Monday February 8, 2016
Good Morning! Hope you had a good night's rest and are ready for the week ahead. Know that many here are praying for you as you begin this two weeks of training.
- Today for lunch you will be eating off campus for Fast Food Assignment. Kiddos will go with parents for lunch and you all will be assigned to various locations. Gary Ridley will explain more prior to the lunch hour.
- Tonight right after supper Ann Baur (Corporate Security Admin. Asst.) is going to give you a briefing (in the MEC) on security documents that you need to have completed prior to leaving for the field. This will be a short session that everyone must attend. The forms will then be notarized on Friday at lunch.
- Just a reminder to see Ann Baur (sits at the front desk) during breaks to get your official SEND name badge.
- If you need items printed during the week you can find an instruction sheet on the back table in the training room.
- Just a reminder to check the kitchen and MEC restroom schedules for your clean-up duties. Thanks for your help with these logistical items!
Sunday February 7, 2016
WELCOME TO MOP! We are glad you!
Just a quick reminder to make sure you bring a hard copy of your ICS results to the first session tomorrow morning.
Child Pages (27)
== Title of Session: Child Protection Policy == == Facilitator: Rich Ramirez == == Description: == This session will focus on procedures to follow should you become aware of an abusive, or...
= = = Title of Session: Marriage Matters (for married couples) = == Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell == == Description: == This session will identify key habits of thriving marriages in...
= = Title of Session: Disciple Making == Session: Gary Ridley == === === == Description: == So many of us feel like we do not have the gift of evangelism but through this session each person will...
= Session Title: Ethnic Church Debrief = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == ==== Description: ==== ==== The objective of this activity is to provide an immersion cross-cultural experience in the local...
= Title of Session: Intro to Culture and Ethnography = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == ==== ==== ==== ==== **Description:**\\This session will involve a discussion of what culture is and how...
= Title of Session: Expectations = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == === === ==== ==== **Expectations**\\**Description:**\\This is an introductory session where we explore participant’s expectations...
= Title of Session: Globalization and Multicultural Teaming = == Facilitator: Don Parsons and Judy Severns == == == == Description: == The objective of this session is to understand how God is...
= Title of Session: Intercultural Competency Skills (ICS) Debrief = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **Description:**\\This session debriefs the participants’ results on the ICS inventory of 12...
= Title: Intentional Living = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Will your life and ministry be any different because of what you have learned at MOP? According to Dallas Willard,...
= Session: Intro to Church Planting = == Facilitator: Ted Szymczak == == == == Description: == This session provides an introduction to SEND's foundational calling as a church planting mission. We...
= Title of Session: Leading Your Family Overseas = == Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell and Judy Severns == == Leading Your Family Overseas == === Description: === This session will examine the...
**Title of Session: M Community Visit\\Facilitator: Tim Mindling** **Description:**\\We will travel to one of the most local ethnically diverse suburb of Detroit called Hamtramck. We will visit the...
= Title of Session: Moral Purity = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == == == == Description: == This session will focus on the various aspects of sexual purity for singles and married couples, explore...
== Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **(with thanks to Darlene Jovellanos, the facilitator of the online course)**\\ == Getting to Know Each Other and Defining Worldview and Culture - first week of MOP...
= Title of Session: Safety & Security = == Facilitator: Rich Ramirez == === === === === == Description: == Why do we devote more than a total of 2 hours to Safety and Security and Child Protection?...
= Title of Session: Saying Good-bye = == Facilitator: Ted Szymczak == == Description: == Moving and saying goodbye are frequent occurrences for missionaries and their families. How do we deal with...
= Title of Session: SEND History, Values & Structure = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == ==== **Description:** ==== This session opens with a reminder of what lies at the core of SEND: seeking and...
= MOP presentation of SEND U = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == A short introduction to SEND U, explaining how the training, coaching and resources provided by SEND U can help you...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Engage = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == === === **Description:**\\We will never establish reproducing churches unless we are effective at engaging the unreached....
= Title of Session: SEND Values Establish = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\We are not trying to bring “church in a box” to every people. There is no “one size fits all” when it...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Mobilize = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\What does it look like to mobilize a person into missions? What are our biggest opportunities? Or...
= Title of Session: By Myself, But Not Alone = == Facilitator: Judy Severns == **Description:**\\Often one of the greatest fears for men and women who are single and considering cross cultural...
= Spiritual Formation = Facilitators: Ken Guenther, (Carl Kresge,) Gary Ridley and Ted Szymczak\\In the first few sessions, we will emphasize the importance of the participant's walk with God as a...
= Title of Session: Spiritual Warfare = == Facilitator: Dr. Frank Severn, Director Emeritus SEND International == == Description: == The student will understand that we are in a spiritual battle...
= Title of Session: Teaming: Expectations and Accountability = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == SEND International is committed to teaming, but teams in SEND vary greatly in...
= Well Done! (A definition of success for missionaries) = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == We all long to hear those cherished word “well done, good and faithful servant. Come and...
= Servants and Partners: Working with the National Church = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Where possible, SEND seeks to partner with the existing local churches in the host...