MOP July 2015 - Wiki
SEND U wiki
MOP July 2015
MOP Purpose and Objectives
MOP MK Program Objectives
- MOP schedule on Google Calendar (page)
- First week as PDF
- Second week as PDF
- Worship & Testimony schedule
- Reflection group composition
- MOP Curriculum Guide
- MOP online syllabus
- Reflection worksheet in Word format or in Google Sheets format
- Reading assignments
- General MOP reading list (for all MOP participants)
- Field-required reading list - Field specific reading is to be completed by appointees before their first departure for the field. From the list provided appointees should complete a minimum of 400 pages of reading. See Individual country reading lists.
|Online Course Debrief|
|SEND Values - Engage|
|Singles: Going By Myself,|
But Not Alone
|SEND Values - Mobilize|
|Four Cultures Game|
|Couples: Marriage Matters|
Scott & Leslie Powell
Powells & Judy Severn
|Safety & Security|
|SEND Values - Establish|
|Working with the National Church|
|SEND History, Values|
|Ethnic Church DebriefGary Ridley||Spiritual Formation|
Pastor James Aberin
|Day Alone with God||Well Done|
|Intro to Church Planting|
|M Community Visit|
|Globalization & |
Don Parsons, Judy Severns,
|Child Protection Policy|
MOP Daily Announcements
Friday July 17, 2015
Trust you all had a good day alone with the LORD. What a gift it is to be in a spot where we are encouraged to make this part of our spiritual journey!
- For those of you departing today or tomorrow remember to give your keys and nametags to Marcie before you leave campus. Please make sure your room doors are locked.
- Thanks in advance for cleaning your rooms so they are ready for the next group on campus. You can find room cleaning guidelines in your blue MOP folder. One change of instructions...Please put all towels, washcloths, and sheets in your pillow cases and place them in the laundry room. Typically, towels are hung in the bathrooms to dry, but because of the quick turn-around it would be a big help to have all linens removed from the rooms. Please leave bedspread and mattress covers in the rooms.
- If you have a newsletter that you send out via email, please add Marcie to your distribution list! email@example.com. Thanks!!
- You can check out your personal page on the send.org website by going to send.org and typing in your last name. If you want to change the picture or bio or an Error message appears contact the media team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday July15, 2015
- Tomorrow you will pack sack lunches at breakfast. Kids will not need a sack lunch since they will eat at the MEC with Teena and the childcare team.
- Waters, coffee and tea will be available in the IO throughout the day.
- Washing machines and dryers are unavailable Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Feel free to use them Thursday night as along as you can make sure your items are cleared out of the laundry room for Reconnect people to use the machines Friday morning.
- KEYS! For those of you who are leaving campus on Friday or Saturday and not returning for SYIS or SEND U...please make sure you give your keys to Marcie before you leave campus.
- NAMETAGS! All nametags can be given to Marcie on Friday.
- Have a great Day Alone with God tomorrow. I will be praying for each of you by name!
Tuesday July 14, 2015
- If you plan to fast during your Day Alone with God, please let Marcie know today.
- LAUNDRY REMINDER: Reconnect missionaries will be on campus Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. If at all possible, please do not use the washing machines and dryers in the hotel during these times. Thanks!!
- Ladies will gather at Marcie's home tonight at 8pm for coffee and dessert. Judy Severns will be at the MEC with maps and to make sure everyone has a ride.
Monday July 13, 2015
- Ladies...after supper and the M community debrief we will be meeting together for a time of fellowship from 8pm-10pm with the Reconnect ladies. If it is raining we will meet in the downstairs IO. If it is nice out we will meet at Marcie's house around the outdoor fire pit. More info on the exact location tomorrow. Dad's...thanks for caring for the kids so the mom's can get out for a bit.
- If you are staying on campus and attending SNAAC and need a ride to church on Sunday and then to the hotel for conference please see Marcie ASAP.
Thursday July 9, 2015
Just a couple of announcements for today...
- I have started uploading pictures to the MOP July 2015 Facebook page. If you are not a member of this private group yet and need to be invited, please let me know.
- Regarding the Name Badge Order form and the Parent Address form...they are on the back table in the IO Training Room. Not sure what I am talking about...see the explanation from yesterday. :-)
- I have a number of John Piper's book Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ. If you would like a free copy you can pick one up in my cubicle.
Wednesday July 8, 2015
TODAY IS PICTURE DAY!!! Immediately after testimony chapel today we will meet at the rocks, under the tree, by the MEC for our MOP July 2015 group picture. Parents, please gather your kids and meet the rest of the MOPers there. As soon as the pictures have been taken by Keith Baum (Media Director) you all can head to lunch.
- If you are staying for SNAAC (SEND North American Annual Conference) and need a ride to the hotel on Sunday July 19th please see Marcie.
- Just a reminder to make sure you see Ann Baur for your SEND ID badge. She is not in the office today, but will back tomorrow.
- On the back table there are a couple of documents that need your attention:
- Name Badge Order - if you need a SEND name badge (example is with the form) please fill out the form with the necessary information. Orders will be placed in a couple of weeks and I will mail your name badge to you.
- Parent Addresses - Warren sends a letter to the parents of first-time departure missionaries shortly before Christmas. This is a letter of thanks and encouragement to them as they approach the holidays. Please take a minute and jot down parents names and addresses as appropriate.
- Just a reminder to make sure you bring a photo ID (passport or driver's license) to lunch on Friday for the security form notarization process.
- Guys...tonight is your night to gather together for sodas and salty snacks! (Josue likes salty snacks!) You will meet in the Board Room in the downstairs of the IO at 7pm.
- Tomorrow, bring the Bible that you use in your personal devotions to the spiritual formation sessions. It does not have to be in the English language.
Tuesday July 7, 2015
Good Morning!! Hope you all had a good sleep last night!
- Today is the first day of testimonies. This is always a highlight for the staff. We so enjoy hearing how God has been at work in the lives of those He is sending out. Today we will hear from Matt and Lisa (10 mins), Kevin and Angela (10 mins), and Karin Schuerch (10 mins). Please do your best to stay within your allotted time frame so the staff can get to lunch on time.
- Guys...tomorrow night at 7pm you are going to meet together in the board room (downstairs) in the IO. This will be a time for you guys to hang out, yak and eat snacks. Ladies, just a reminder that your night out will be next Tuesday at Marcie's house.
- I am starting to put together the details for the MOP picnic on Saturday. If you know you will not be there, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!
Monday July 6, 2015
Feel free to see Ann Baur for your SEND name tags anytime during the breaks starting today.
Tonight right after supper Ann Baur is going to give you a brief explanation of a couple security forms that need to be signed prior to leaving for your field of service. We will gather your signatures and have the forms notarized on Friday (7/10) of this week during lunch. Please make sure you bring a government picture ID with you to lunch on Friday (passport or driver's license is sufficient).
Sunday July 5, 2015
Welcome to MOP 2015!!
There will be information coming soon regarding how to get connected to a printer in the IO. If you need to have something printed out before Monday morning please email it to Marcie at email@example.com and it will be printed for you.
One schedule change!!! The Women's Outing has been changed from Tuesday evening July 7th to Tuesday evening July 14th at 8pm. We will gather at the Williamson home for an informal time around the fire pit and enjoy some S'mores. Dad's will have the privilege of taking care of the kiddos while the mom's are out for a couple of hours.
Child Pages (24)
= = Title of Session: Disciple Making == Session: Gary Ridley == === === == Description: == So many of us feel like we do not have the gift of evangelism but through this session each person will...
= Session Title: Ethnic Church Debrief = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == ==== Description: ==== ==== The objective of this activity is to provide an immersion cross-cultural experience in the local...
< > = Ethnography Session at MOP = *see [[https://sendu.crosswired.com/sendu-wiki/-/wiki/Main/Ethnography+-+MOP+July+2017|Ethnography session at MOP]] wiki page...
= Title of Session: Expectations = == Facilitator: Lisa Engelsman == === === ==== ==== **Expectations**\\**Description:**\\This is an introductory session where we explore participant’s...
= Title of Session: Going By Myself, But Not Alone = == Facilitator: Judy Severns == **Description:**\\Often one of the greatest fears for men and women who are single and considering cross...
= Title of Session: Intercultural Competency Skills (ICS) Debrief = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **Description:**\\This session debriefs the participants’ results on the ICS inventory of 12...
= Intentional Living = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Will your life and ministry be any different because of what you have learned at MOP? According to Dallas Willard, it is...
= Session: Intro to Church Planting = == Facilitator: Ted Szymczak ==
= Title of Session: Leading Your Family Overseas = == Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell and Judy Severns == == Leading Your Family Overseas == === Description: === This session will examine the...
**Title of Session: Marriage Matters (for married couples)\\Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell** **Description:**\\This session will identify key habits of successful marriages in cross-cultural...
= Title of Session: Moral Purity = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == == == == Description: == This session will focus on the various aspects of sexual purity for singles and married couples, explore...
= Title of Session: Globalization and Multicultural Teaming = == Facilitator: Don Parsons, Judy Severns, James Aberin == == == == Description: == The objective of this session is to understand how...
== Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **(with thanks to Darlene Jovellanos, the facilitator of the online course)**\\ == Getting to Know Each Other and Defining Worldview and Culture - first week of MOP...
= Title of Session: Saying Good-bye = == Facilitator: Lisa Engelsman == == Description: == Moving and saying goodbye are frequent occurrences for missionaries and their families. How do we deal...
= Title of Session: SEND History, Values & Structure = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == ==== **Description:** ==== This session opens with a reminder of what lies at the core of SEND: seeking and...
= MOP presentation of SEND U = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == A short introduction to SEND U, explaining how the training, coaching and resources provided by SEND U can help you...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Engage = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == === === **Description:**\\We will never establish reproducing churches unless we are effective at engaging the unreached....
= Title of Session: SEND Values Establish = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\We are not trying to bring “church in a box” to every people. There is no “one size fits all” when it...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Mobilize = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\What does it look like to mobilize a person into missions? What are our biggest opportunities? Or...
= Spiritual Formation = Facilitators: Carl Kresge, Ken Guenther\\In the first few sessions, we will emphasize the importance of the participant's walk with God as a missionary, or maintaining and...
= Title of Session: Spiritual Warfare = == Facilitator: Pastor James Aberin == == Description: == The student will understand that we are in a spiritual battle with a relentless, yet defeated,...
= Title of Session: Teaming: Expectations and Accountability = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == SEND International is committed to teaming, but teams in SEND vary greatly in...
= Well Done! (A definition of success for missionaries) = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == We all long to hear those cherished word “well done, good and faithful servant. Come and...
= Servants and Partners: Working with the National Church = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Where possible, SEND seeks to partner with the existing local churches in the host...