MOP July 2016 - Wiki
As of April 1, 2019, this wiki is no longer being updated by SEND U. Please go to https://senduwiki.org/, the new home for this wiki.
SEND U wiki
MOP July 2016
Table of Contents [-]
- MOP Schedule
- MOP Curriculum
- Session Handouts
- MOP Evaluation
- MOP Daily Announcements
- MOP Purpose and Objectives
- MOP MK Program Objectives
- MOP Curriculum Guide
- MOP online syllabus
- Reflection Worksheet in Word
- Pre-field reading list for all MOP participants
|MondayJuly 11||TuesdayJuly 12||WednesdayJuly 13||ThursdayJuly 14||FridayJuly 15|
|SEND Values -History, Values|
|SEND Values - Engage|
|Safety & Security|
|By Myself, But Not Alone|
Marriage in a Cross
|Online Course Debrief|
|SEND Values - Mobilize|
|SEND Values - Establish|
|Four Cultures Game|
|Well DoneKen Guenther||Child Protection|
|Intro to Church Planting|
Powells & Judy Severns
|Working with the National Church|
|SundayJuly 17||MondayJuly 18||TuesdayJuly 19||WednesdayJuly 20||ThursdayJuly 21||FridayJuly 22|
|Ethnic Church DebriefGary Ridley||Spiritual Formation|
|Day Alone with God||Spiritual Warfare|
Pastor James Aberin
|M Community Visit|
Multi Cultural Teaming
To be completed on the last afternoon.
MOP Daily Announcements
Friday, July 22, 2016
Last day of MOP!! Trust you all had an encouraging day with the Lord yesterday. The IO staff is highly encouraged to take a DAWG twice a year. I find that this time away from everything incredibly refreshing and life-giving. Reflections Groups this morning will focus in on your day and give you a time to share how God met with you.
Announcements for today...
- As you prepare to depart campus please look at the sheet in your blue folders for the room cleaning instructions. It is important that each room is completely cleaned before you depart. One change from the instructions....please take your bed sheets (leave the mattress pad cover, blanket and bedspread) and all towels and wash cloths down to the laundry room...even if your towels are wet.
- Please leave your name tags and lanyards on Ann's desk anytime on Friday. If you have not turned in government forms, Child Protection Policy forms, had your mouth swabbed, or received your official SEND name tag, see Ann today!!
- All room keys must be given directly to Marcie before you depart.
- If you are headed to SNAAC and you do not know how you are getting to the conference hotel, see Marcie.
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Announcements for today...
- Just a reminder that the laundry facility in the hotel is reserved for the home service missionaries Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
- Tomorrow morning at breakfast you will pack your sack lunch for your Day Alone With God. Children will not need a lunch packed since they will eat in the MEC with Teena and the childcare staff.
- For those attending SNAAC, check-in at the hotel you will be staying at for conference is on Sunday afternoon. We are working on details on travel arrangements to the hotel for those who need a ride. Stay tuned!
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Announcements for today...
- Please refrain from using the laundry room in the hotel on Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. This will allow missionaries on home-service to get some laundry done while they are on campus.
- If you have forms you need to give to Ann (US Citizen consulate form and Child Protection Policy form) please turn them in to her before Friday.
- Still need an official SEND name tag? See Ann by Friday.
- If you desire to fast during the Day Alone With God, see Marcie.
Monday, July 18, 2016
Good Morning! One week down, one to go! I trust you were all able to get some extra rest over the weekend.
Today we will wrap up the testimony chapels. Thanks again for sharing with the staff during these testimony times. It is an encouragement to those of us working in the office to hear how the LORD has led you to where you are today and to be able to pray for you as you move ahead!
Few announcements for you today...
- Today right after chapel we will have our MOP July 2016 photo taken by the MEC. Parents, please gather your children right after chapel and meet at the large rocks outside the MEC. We will have the photo taken before eating lunch.
- Tomorrow is our Muslim Community visit to Hamtramck. Tim Mindling will give a short orientation to the afternoon before we depart around noon. Children will be with Teena and the childcare staff at lunch and for the afternoon. We should be back on campus between 4:30 and 5:00. I will have waters and granola bars available for those who need a snack since we will be eating a late lunch in Hamtramck.
- Your Day Alone with God is on Thursday. At breakfast on Thursday you will pack a sack lunch to take with you for your afternoon meal. In the past, some have chosen to use this day to fast. If you would like to do this during your day please let Marcie know what meals you will miss.
- I am putting together a MOP July 2016 directory for your group. There is a form on the back table in the training room for you to fill in your contact information you would like in the directory. Please take a minute to include your info. Thanks!
- Please find a yellow copy of the MOP Pre-Field Reading Checklist on the back table in the training room. You are welcome to take one if you need one.
Friday, July 15, 2016
Happy Anniversary to Kai and Michelle and Happy 1st Birthday to Joel Driediger!!
This afternoon after your last session Marcie will fill you in on announcements pertaining to the weekend.
You will fill out Safety and Security forms at lunch today. Please bring your picture ID to the MEC with you.
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Thanks to those who have given their testimonies so far!! It has been such a blessing for all of us to hear how God is at work in your life!!
Just a few reminders for you all today....
Men's Night Out is tonight. Guys, see Ted for details if you need them.
Tomorrow you will sign the Safety & Security documents during the lunch hour in the MEC. Please make sure you bring a valid picture ID with you (passport or drivers license). We will have a separate table in the MEC where the documents will be filled out, signed and notarized
If you are using your air conditioners in your rooms, please make sure you turn them off when you are not in your room for an extended amount of time.
Saturday we will gather at 4:30 for a BBQ chicken dinner at a local park. Stay turned for details
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Tomorrow is our first day of testimony chapels. Just a few reminders:
Kindly keep to your 5, 10 or 15 minute time frame. If you are not sure which time frame you fit in, please refer to the MOP Testimony schedule at the top of this page.
For those who were here for COP...remind the audience who you are and where you are headed and share what God has been doing in your lives since you were here last.
For those who are here for the first time...introduce yourself, where you are from, where you are going and share your salvation story.
Tomorrow evening the ladies are going to gather at Marcie's home for a couple of hours (7-9). Beth Eckstein (SEND's Women's Ministry Team Director and wife of Jon Eckstein, China Team Leader) is going to join us to share a little about women's ministry within SEND, her desires for ladies serving with SEND and answer any questions you might have. This will be relaxed time of hearing from Beth, snacking on a light dessert and enjoying each other's company. We will work on transportation to Marcie's house tomorrow.
Monday, July 11, 2016
Happy Monday!! Hope you all had a good night's rest and are ready for the week ahead. Know that many here are praying for you as you begin this two weeks of training!
Please make sure you check this portion of the MOP wiki page for daily announcements!
Today for lunch you will be eating off campus for the Fast Food Assignment. Kids will go with the parents for lunch and you all will be assigned to various locations. Lisa Engelsman will explain more prior to the lunch hour.
Tonight after the evening meal we will have a short session in the MEC regarding SECURITY FORMS that must be completed prior to leaving for the field. Please plan to attend. Parents...make sure at least one of you is present at this session. Forms will be signed and notarized at lunch on Friday.
If you need items printed during the week, see Marcie. REMINDER: You will need a hard copy of your ICS assignment at Gary Ridley's session on Friday morning.
Just a reminder to make sure you check the Kitchen and MEC schedule for your clean-up duties. Thanks for your help with these items during MOP!!
Sunday, July 10, 2016
WELCOME TO MOP! We are glad you are here!
Child Pages (26)
== Title of Session: Child Protection Policy == == Facilitator: Rich Ramirez == == Description: == This session will focus on procedures to follow should you become aware of an abusive, or...
= = = Title of Session: Marriage Matters (for married couples) = == Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell == == Description: == This session will identify key habits of thriving marriages in...
= Title of Session: Disciple Making = == Session: Gary Ridley == === === == Description: == So many of us feel like we do not have the gift of evangelism but through this session each person will...
= Title of Session: Intro to Culture and Ethnography = == Facilitator: Lisa Engelsman == ==== ==== ==== ==== **Description:**\\This session will involve a discussion of what culture is and how...
= Title of Session: Expectations = == Facilitator: Lisa Engelsman == === === ==== ==== **Expectations**\\**Description:**\\This is an introductory session where we explore participant’s...
= Title of Session: Globalization and Multicultural Teaming = == Facilitator: Don Parsons, Judy Severns, and James Aberin == == == == Description: == The objective of this session is to understand...
= Title of Session: Intercultural Competency Skills (ICS) Debrief = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **Description:**\\This session debriefs the participants’ results on the ICS inventory of 12...
= Title: Intentional Living = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Will your life and ministry be any different because of what you have learned at MOP? According to Dallas Willard,...
= Session: Intro to Church Planting = == Facilitator: Ted Szymczak == == == == Description: == This session provides an introduction to SEND's foundational calling as a church planting mission. We...
= Title of Session: Leading Your Family Overseas = == Facilitators: Scott & Leslie Powell and Judy Severns == == Leading Your Family Overseas == === Description: === This session will examine the...
**Title of Session: M Community Visit\\Facilitator: Tim Mindling** **Description:**\\We will travel to one of the most local ethnically diverse suburb of Detroit called Hamtramck. We will visit the...
= Title of Session: Moral Purity = == Facilitator: Gary Ridley == == == == Description: == This session will focus on the various aspects of sexual purity for singles and married couples, explore...
== Facilitator: Gary Ridley == **(with thanks to Darlene Jovellanos, the facilitator of the online course)** == Getting to Know Each Other and Defining Worldview and Culture - first week of MOP...
= Title of Session: Safety & Security = == Facilitator: Rich Ramirez == === === === === == Description: == Why do we devote more than a total of 2 hours to Safety and Security and Child Protection?...
= Title of Session: Saying Good-bye = == Facilitator: Lisa Engelsman == == Description: == Moving and saying goodbye are frequent occurrences for missionaries and their families. How do we deal...
= Title of Session: SEND History, Values & Structure = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == === === **Description:**\\This session opens with a reminder of what lies at the core of SEND: seeking and...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Engage ~= = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == === === **Description:**\\We will never establish reproducing churches unless we are effective at engaging the...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Establish = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\We are not trying to bring “church in a box” to every people. There is no “one size fits all” when it...
= Title of Session: SEND Values Mobilize = == Facilitator: Warren Janzen == **Description:**\\What does it look like to mobilize a person into missions? What are our biggest opportunities? Or...
= MOP presentation of SEND U = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == A short introduction to SEND U, explaining how the training, coaching and resources provided by SEND U can help you...
= Title of Session: By Myself, But Not Alone = == Facilitator: Judy Severns == **Description:**\\Often one of the greatest fears for men and women who are single and considering cross cultural...
= Spiritual Formation = Facilitators: Ken Guenther, Gary Ridley and Ted Szymczak\\We will emphasize the importance of the participant learning to feed themselves spiritually by maintaining and...
= Title of Session: Spiritual Warfare = == Facilitator: Pastor James Aberin, Philippines Sending Council Director == == Description: == The student will understand that we are in a spiritual battle...
= Title of Session: Teaming: Expectations and Accountability = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == SEND International is committed to teaming, but teams in SEND vary greatly in...
= Well Done! (A definition of success for missionaries) = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == We all long to hear those cherished words, “Well done, good and faithful servant. Come...
= Servants and Partners: Working with the National Church = == Facilitator: Ken Guenther == == Description: == Where possible, SEND seeks to partner with the existing local churches in the host...